What personal information we collect and how we collect it
- Contact details. We collect email addresses and names for our mailing list on our public website at www.learnershape.com (the ‘Site’), and in other cases when this information is voluntarily provided to us.
- Learning content. We obtain metadata and other information on courses and other learning content, which may include some personal data such as instructor names. We generally obtain this information from learning content providers with their permission.
- Individual learners. We obtain various information on individual learners, including name, contact information, skills information, employment information, learning history and other information.
- Business relationships. We obtain information from the partners, customers and other entities with which we do business. This may include personal information on individual contacts at those entities.
What we do with personal information
- Contact details. We use contact details provided on our website to send our mailing list. We process this information with consent and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests in informing interested people about our services.
- Learning content. We use learning content to compute and recommend learning pathways. We process this content to further our legitimate interests in providing access to learning content and/or in accordance with our agreements with learning content providers.
- Individual learners. We use information on individual learners to identify skill gaps, recommend learning pathways, certify skills on blockchain and conduct related analysis. We process this information with the consent of the individual learners, or with agreement of their employers who have a legal basis to authorise such processing (eg learner consent, employment contract provisions).
- Business relationships. We use information on entities with which we do business to advance those business relationships. We process this information with the consent of those entities and the individuals involved, in accordance with agreements with those entities and/or to further our legitimate interests in developing our business.
- Anonymised information. We may anonymise personal information that we receive and combine it with other data in a manner that does not permit individuals to be identified from the data, and use the combined, anonymised data to improve our services.
How we share personal information
- Contact details for mailing list. We do not share contact details from our mailing list.
- Learning content. We share learning content with those to whom we make learning pathway recommendations.
- Individual learners. We may share information on individual learners with an organization through which they use the service (our customer), and we share contact details that individuals make public (e.g. to share their skills or connect with other learners). We do not otherwise share individual learner information.
- Business relationships. We share information on entities with which we do business only with their permission.
How long we keep personal information
We keep personal information for as long as is necessary for the business purposes set out in this Policy. We keep information on individual learners only for so long as those learners or their employers remain users of our platform. Some historical information may be retained in secure archival storage (e.g. email archives).
Information security and storage
We use technical and organisational methods to ensure strict information security. This includes storing personal data primarily in secure databases with strict access permissions, and access only by persons with a need for access.
Rights regarding personal information
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Access to and correction of information, and data portability. You can request to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you (subject to certain limitations – e.g. where the data also relates to other individuals) and/or to correct any errors in it.
- Deletion and restriction of processing of information. We will erase or restrict processing of your data upon request (not including any data we need to keep or process for administrative, legal, or security purposes).
- Withdrawal of consent. Where you have consented to us processing your information, you may withdraw consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time, LearnerShape may revise this Policy to reflect changes in the law, changes in our services, or for other reasons. Updated versions of this Policy will be posted on our website. If we make significant changes to the Policy, we will endeavour to provide appropriate notice to persons for whom we have contact information.
Contact information and complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way we use your information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you consider that we have not addressed a problem, you have a right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.